You can apply for a doctor issued medical license to grow cannabis. For yourself, or to designate someone to grow on your behalf, a personal production application or designated grower application can be  submitted by mail to Health Canada for approval. Health Canada processes the application and, if approved, will issue a grow license to either the patient or the designated grower.